Dec 16, 2013

Fabulous holiday breakfast treat

Blueberry Pancake in a Jar from Boyandtherabbit 

WHAT DO I EAT FOR BREAKFAST 

Maybe it’s just me, but when I roll out of that bed in the morning I amferociously  hungry. I mean scarf-down-the-nearest-donut-and-10-others kind of hungry. And so it seems only natural that I’d be on the hunt for a breakfast that requires minimal preparation, or utensils, or cookware, or time.
Voilà- pancake in a jar. And it’s vegan!
Pancake in a Jar 
Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tb baking powder
2 tb organic sugar
2 tb vegan margarine, melted (or sub. real butter)
3/4 cup nut milk (or sub. dairy milk)
Blueberries
Combine flour, baking powder, and sugar in a small bowl, and whisk until combined. Stir in melted margarine and milk until batter forms.
Place blueberries on bottoms of jars, then fill about halfway with batter. Pancake will rise while cooking. Microwave for about 1 minute for small jars, or 90 seconds for larger jars. Let cool before topping with more margarine, blueberries, and syrup. Makes 4 small jar cakes or 2 large ones.