|No VOC paints, cabinet substrates, stain, along with|
recycled counter material, tile, water saving plumbing fixtures
and LED lighting are sustainable and luxurious.
When you want to make a change to your home you want a fabulous aesthetic and products that are safe. Think carefully about the long-term results of your design decisions. Is the carpet you selected a budget price but will off-gas toxic chemicals? Does the surface you choose require chemicals to clean and seal? Can you conserve water and energy that benefits you for the long term. When you're concerned for the health and safety of your family, do the research and find products that provide a healthy environment as well as the right aesthetic.
|A functional and fun space that was repurposed |
from an unised niche. Using NO VOC furnishings
and shelves, re-used wood flooring, bold colors
in soothing shapes, and LED lighting with a warm glow.
The basics of a health home include sensitivity for the environment, energy-efficiency, economical, sustainable, and use of products and materials that are non-polluting. These are the basics:
- Free your home from toxins - that includes cleaning products, construction materials, floor and wall coverings and furnishings.
- Select mood enhancing colors, textures and patterns
- Arrange furnishings for comfort and ease of use and maintenance
- Get rid of bulky, dust-collecting items
- Vent moisture from damp rooms
- Create special places for exercise and relaxation
- Clear away clutter by considering good storage options. Weed out what you really don't use and need.
- Let the outdoors in - natural light and fresh air are
- Strive for simplicity and moderation
- Respect the environment by starting with water and energy use, generation of garbage, and recycling.