May 20, 2015

Simple Healthy Cookies

I love sweet things. I was known as the cookie monster when I was younger. Now that I know how bad sugar is for you, I look for things that have nutritional value including protein, fiber, and of course flavor. I'm not a cook, and baking is not that difficult. I think it's because it's a one pan meal. You definitely should try these. It's easy to make, and if I can do it you can do it. They store for a week in the fridge, but I bet they won't even last you'll love them so much!

SIMPLE HEALTHY COOKIES
2 medium ripe bananas
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup quinoa flakes
3/4 cup almond butter (sunflower butter works too)
optional: vegan chocolate chips, raisins, seeds

Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, blend bananas then add in remaining ingredients. Mix well. If the mixture looks runny, put it in the fridge for 5 minutes.  Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Use a spatula to flatten them if you like.    Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.Store in an air tight container in the fridge.