Oatmeal berry cookies
- 1½ cups sugar, granulated
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened. - you can cut fat with applesauce instead
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. orange extract
- 2 eggs - cut cholesterol by using 3 egg whites
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. table salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1½ cups cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips - optional
Procedures:Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter with both sugars in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time. Scrape sides of bowl after final addition. Add vanilla. Mix until combined.
Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add in oatmeal and mix until incorporated. Add in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop into 2.5 oz. balls and flatten halfway on pan.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.