- We want you to have the ultimate bath experience! These are my top tips to give your bath luxury, warmth, and fabulous aesthetics.
- 1) Close Quarters. With tight spaces, create a comfortable, open connection between the bedroom and the bath for a feeling of greater spaciousness. Textured and clear glass walls work well.
2) Can We Vent? Bathroom ventilation is critical for moisture and odor so be sure you have the right power. New fans are extremely quiet so you hardly hear them operating. If you can, introduce natural light and air with a small window.
3) Tea for Two. Create a focal point with the tub—use one that accommodates two people—so and your partner can soak up the atmosphere and peaceful surroundings.
- 4) Practically Pretty. Be sure you keep standard amenities, from a make-up mirror to an outlet or robe hook in mind when you are space planning. Smart storage spaces for personal items minimizes vanity top clutter!.
5) Lighten Up. Bathroom lighting should be functional yet tender. Provide adequate lighting for each of the main functional areas for practical matters (shaving and make-up), and make it mood-setting by the tub and view windows.
- 6) Finish First. Bathrooms should be infused with elegant, simple finishes that link them visually to the style of the rest of the home. In bathroom spaces, lean toward tones and shades, textures and surfaces that are clean, fresh, and luxurious to project a bright, crisp aesthetic.
- 7) The Toes Know. Adding heated flooring and heated towel racks takes comfort to a lofty level and lessens the shock on a cold winter’s night.