Sep 12, 2012
Ten design mistakes to avoid.
2) Remember to involve nature. To improve the feel of a room, add plants and flowers. Texture, natural rugs and pillows, and considering the view will make a space feel comfortable, open, and feel good.
4) Use color well. The color of a room is not solely depicted by the paint on the walls. The shades and tints in the furniture will greatly influence the mood. Add contrasts and compliments in your coloring schemes.
5) Check room dimensions before purchasing furniture. The wrong size furniture takes its toll on rooms. Not only will the scale affect the appearance of a room, it will affect the function more. Be sure that your furniture will fit through the door.
7) Consider lighting. Lighting makes or breaks a project. It sets the tone for the mood of a room, and in baths and kitchens is paramount for best function. You don’t want a space to be so bright you feel like you’re in a spotlight, but at the same time too little lighting will cause the room to have a gloomy feel.
9) Mirrors are a key. Using mirrors will make rooms appear much more spacious. The lack of mirrors or windows seems to give the room a boxy feel. Don’t hesitate to hang a decorative mirror or two on your walls. Be creative. You can find many different shapes and sizes of mirrors.They reflect a beautiful space and make a room brighter as it reflects natural and artificial lighting.