|Two hours and two cans of paints gave this accent wall a new look.|
|Organize shelves for a clutter-free look.|
3) Store-it. Having a clutter-free space does give a sense of newness. Easy ways to reduce clutter are add wicker baskets or decorative paper boxes, b) hang or buy ready-made bookshelves, c) purchase a storage cube or chest that doubles as a seat or table.
4) Position. Change the layout of a room. For the living room try moving the sofa to a new wall, arranging furniture horizontally versus vertically in the space, and swapping the position of tables and lamps. In the bedroom, move the bed to another wall or even angle it!
|Adding sconces and a group of prints|
is a quick update.
5) Soft goods. Change the color and texture of pillows on your sofa or bed. Add a throw or take one away. Can you swap the bed room pillows and throws with those in the living room? If not, and there is no budget for new ones cover one face with a napkin and then tie on ribbon like a gift box.
6) Hardware. Replace the hardware on kitchen cabinets and key pieces. Have a knob? Try a pull. Changing from brass or chrome to a black finish will be dramatic. It's an easy change and you can bargain hunt big box stores for sets of pulls and knobs.
7) Swap it. This applies to artwork, accessories, candles and even furniture - if you are ambitious. Moving art on the walls gives new perspective to a room...and of course, the art! Create a group of accessories rather than spreading them around. Change candles..color and size. If you move furniture, try re-purposing pieces.
|Adding glass & cabinet lighting in uppers was a quick update that transformed this kitchen.|
|Adding a plant and a picture made|
this dresser perfect in a living room.
10) Add greens. Like paint, plants and flowers have a huge impact on rooms. Soften a hard corner with a tall plant or even curly willow in a large vase. Place fresh flowers on your kitchen counter, a living room table, or other noticeable place. Hang a seasonal wreath on the wall, from a shelf or on an inside door. Can you use your own garden? Even better.