- Vacuum or sweep the floor on a regular basis to remove dirt, sad or grit. We love microfiber mops. There are many brands and styles and we like Bona's for about $20. For a bit of fun, you can get mop slippers!
- Do soak up spills right away using a dry towel or dry mop.
- For general cleaning, use Bona Pro Hardwood Floor Cleaner. They protect your floor, are residue-free and safe for your family, pets, and the environment.
- For furniture that you move a lot, place felt buttons on the legs. You can also remove the plastic tips that often come on chairs and replace with one that has a felt base. This will protect your floors when chairs and sofas are slid across the floor...of course lifting pieces to move them is more desirable. Fit rolling furniture with soft rubber casters.
- Do keep pets nails trimmed to avoid excess scratching.
- Never wet-mop a hardwood floor. It isn't needed and standing water is not good for any species of wood. NEVER use the following products since they will dull the surface: ammonia-based cleaners, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials such as vinegar.
- It's a good idea to use exterior doormats at entrances to prevent dirt and moisture from being tracked onto the floor. Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks and in high traffic areas.
Mar 10, 2014
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Bamboo is an eco-friendly, durable floor that with a minimum of care, will provide a beautiful aesthetic and a long life. Using an equally ecologically product is smart for your health as well as your floor. We recommend that you follow these tips for general care: