1) Metallics: There is always a place for a bit of shine in a room. Whether you opt for a fabulous wall finish, a mercury glass vase, or polished handles on your cabinets, that's how to add it. Swap your old brass knobs for bright chrome pulls. Add an accent to your dining room with a wall covering or faux finish.
2) Bold color: Inspire your spaces to feel fresh and new with some richly colored pillows, vases, art and more. Try an area rug in a neutral room or a bright throw on a bed or sofa.
3) Classic patterns with a twist: Love Ikat? You'll adore the classic print, modified just a bit and in tones that are bold or to go with neutrals, modern style, and traditional rooms.
4) Earthy tones: Who said brown was the only available earth tone? How about the silvery green and blues tones of the morning sky and the ocean?
5) Ethnic flair: Add a travel collectible, a pattern that inspires you, a great light fixture, some table linens or even a new piece of furniture. Ethnic items showcase your individuality. From a simple place setting, to a wall hanging, to pillows, area rugs and more, you can easily add a personal touch to your home.