Spring is a great time to update your exterior. It doesn't need to be time consuming and expensive. Doing one or two of these quick tasks will provide a big impact.
1) Change your plants. Whether you have a small pot beside the front door or a massive front planting bed, a change of plants is simple and will have a dramatic impact. Go from all one color to several. Use greens instead of flowers.
2) Paint the front door. An easy fix for homeowners. Renters can add a wreath, hang a sign, put on a decorative iron accent, or simply ask permission.
3) Add a new pot! A ceramic or resin pot in a new hue and style will provide a focal point, texture and color.
4) Change your concrete color. If you have standard grey concrete everywhere, try a water-based concrete stain.
5) Add new house numbers. Make your address pop with larger, decorative or different style numbers.
6) Hang new light fixtures. Are you looking at old rusty coach lights as you drive up to the house? Replace them with new black iron, rustic bronze, or even polished nickel. Use the rest of your house color as a guide.
7) Paint the trim. Rather than undertaking an entire house painting project, if a door isn't enough, go for the trim. Start with window trim color, and then expand as you have time and energy.
8) Add shutters. A simple upgrade to a traditional home is to flank your windows with shutters. It provides detail and color in just a few hours.
9) Create a seating area. If you have room for a bench, add one. Pillows in colors you love will inspire you every time you walk to your front door. Change your mat or add an outdoor rug!
10) Update your windows. The simplest way is to add a window box - wood or iron. Plant with colorful flowers. Another is to change your window coverings. Go from blinds to sheers, sheers to woven blinds....you get the idea!