A fabulous warm salad for a cool end of summer evening. If you don't like white beans – also known as Cannellini Beans - you can use Northern white beans.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can of beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce (vegan recipie makes 1 cup: 2 cups basil, 1/2 c pine nuts, 1clove garlic chopped, 1 T lemon juice, 3T nutritional yeast. Combine solid ingredients in blender and pulse until course. Drizzle in the olive oil add salt pepper lemon and used. Pulse to combine.)
- arugula or mixed greens
- lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Chopped walnuts to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes until slightly shriveled. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together roasted tomatoes, white beans, onions, basil and pesto. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over greens with a drizzle of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. Top with chopped walnuts to taste.